.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Agents of socialization Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

Agents of socialization - Essay ExampleI have been taught to respect the authority of my father and to look after my m otherwise and the rest of my family as well. I think that the basic ideas of right and wrong, and a belief in the importance of family came to me through the social agents of my parents and grandparents.School was non such an important influence for me, at least not until I went to college. I found that what I learn through reading is more important than some of the lessons at school, and I did not fully understand how to make the best of school until I was well over 20 years old. In recent years I am discovering that a lot of things can be learned from other students, and not just the teachers. Listening to other students talk in class is a elan of understanding the pressures and pleasures of different kinds of people. Politics becomes more interesting when you can link it to real life people that you k at present yourself, and so I have to rent that my fellow st udents have been important agents of socialization for me, especially because I missed out on an American childhood, and cannot always imagine how and why people defy certain views. Of course teachers are important agents of socialization too. I respect my teachers and observe how they behave in a professional way and this is important for my future, since I hope one day to be in a position of some authority in a responsible job and dealing with other people.The media are a major agent of socialization in my life and I love to use the latest gadgets and keep up with what is happening in the world. When I was young I could not imagine the possibility of being in touch with people from all over the world but now I have friends in Iran, in Europe, the Middle East and all over America through the means of social media like facebook and twitter. I do not read newspapers very much, and I do not have much time for television, but my computer is always with me, and I read almost everythin g on my laptop. This allows me to form my own

No comments:

Post a Comment